Red Wine Brownies with Cranberries
- ¾ cup red wine (something robust: Merlot/Cabernet Sauvingon/Shiraz/Valpolicella)
- ½ cup dried cranberries/craisins
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix red wine and cranberries together to rehydrate. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 8x8" pan.
- Mix flour and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a double boiler, heat the butter and chocolate until just melted; mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix, then add the flour and mix well.
- Mix in the red wine and cranberries..
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Allow to cool in the pan for a half hour, then transfer to cooling rack.