1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil, then let it simmer to keep warm.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium sauce pan, then saute the onions until translucent, 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the rice into the sauce pan. Stir constantly to cook up the starch. About 1 minute.
4. Add mushroom and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add bourbon. Stirring constantly until the alcohol has been mostly cooked off.
6. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add, one cup at a time, chicken broth. Stirring occasionally, let the rice simmer until almost all broth has been cooked off, then add another cup. Cook until the rice is al dente, about 25-35 minutes.
7. Once the risotto is cooked, stir in the mushroom into the risotto. Then stir in the parmesan cheese.